Mark McDonough, PhD
Dr. McDonough has completed two masters degrees in the psychology field, one from Loyola College in Maryland and another at the California School of Professional Psychology in San Diego. He went on to acquire his doctoral degree with dissertation honors focusing on Clinical Psychology with a Health Psychology emphasis area. Dr. McDonough competed for and was chosen for two year post-doctoral study at Vanderbilt University Medical Center specializing in Neuropsychology. While there, he focused on neuropsychological testing of children and adults, toxicity, traumatic brain injury, and psychological assessments.
After his post-doctoral study, he was recruited to coordinate the Pediatric Brain Injury program at Children’s Specialized Hospital in Mountainside, New Jersey, one of the largest programs of it’s kind in the country. He was later Director of Clinical Services at The Neurobehavioral Institute of New Jersey – an outpatient facility dealing with both traumatic and acquired brain injuries, their assessment and treatment.
Lulled back by the sun and sea, Dr. McDonough returned to Southern California in 1999 and established his private practice and consultation service. Offices are located at Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego as well as Scripps-Encinitas Hospital in Encinitas, California. Each evaluation aims to provide a comprehensive and thorough assessment of a patient and their problems/issues so as to answer specific referral questions poised at the time of the referral.
Dr. McDonough is a consultant to the:
- Scripps Hospital (Encinitas, La Jolla, Mercy)
- Sharp Hospital (San Diego, El Cajon Outpatient Center)
- Continental Rehabilitation Hospital
- San Diego Brain Injury Foundation (on the Board of Directors)
- Medical Disability Advisor (Workplace Guidelines for Disability Duration: Editorial Board)
- Department of Rehabilitation
- San Diego Superior Court
- Physicians, Psychologists, Health Care Providers, Attorneys, School Districts, & Insurance Companies.